Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About Adjustment of Status
At AmeriLaw Group, we have the expertise and up to the minute knowledge of the laws and regulations regarding the process of obtaining Legal Permanent Residency (LPF) / Green Cards through adjusting status. We will make it a fast and affordable process.
What is Adjustment of Status?
- It is a process to adjust your status with the USCIS from a visa holder (or other legal status) to a permanent resident/green card holder.
- Every case is different; we would be happy to discuss your particular fact situation with you in a free consultation.
- Yes, if your last entry was legal then in most circumstance an overstay will not preclude your applying to adjust your status to permanent resident/green card holder
- It takes approximately 5-6 months depending on USCIS workload
- Yes, if you apply for a temporary work permit.
- Yes, if you apply for a temporary travel permit (also known as advance parole) and have not overstayed your visa before you applied.
- Approximately 4 weeks from the time of filing for adjustment of status. The work and travel permits are obtained by filing for them at the same time as the adjustment. There will be no extra legal or filing fees if we do it for you at the same time as your adjustment of status.
If you would like to review our Services and Fees for Adjustment of Status/Greencard, work and travel permits please click here,