Thank you for contacting AmeriLawGroup and me about your visa. As a service to my potential clients I have answered some of the questions stated below which you may still have about AmeriLawGroup, myself, the process and the costs of obtaining your visa. I hope the answers are helpful.
If you have any further questions please let me know; or if you would like to get the process started now here is what to do:
- First we need your personal information to open your file and start the process. Please go to our web site, click on "CONTACT US" give us your name, address, phone and preferred email and the legal name and preferred email of your fiance or spouse. If you prefer give us a call and we will take your information over the phone.
- Second we need you to pay your fee. You may pay the fees by phone or by the secure Google Pay card system on our web site. If you wish to pay by phone please give me a call and we can start the process. If you prefer to pay on-line please go to my web site at: www.amerilawgroup.com
- Click on PAY FEES on the home page, select the service and fee you want and pay the fee
- Third: The information and fee payment will immediately come to my computer and I will immediately send you the first set of documents I will need from you to get the process started. I look forward to working with you to obtain your visa in the quickest and most professional manner possible.
Calvin A. Knickerbocker Jr.
Attorney at Law
Toll Free: 866-585-5843
Question: Are you a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)?
Question: Many other law firms have much higher fees. How can you afford to do a professional job for such a low fee?
Answer: Each of our lawyers does all the work himself. Each lawyer gives the client his direct phone and email and deals directly with each client, without paralegals. We keep our overhead very low and use the latest in technology to make the process very efficient. Our 35 years of legal experience teaches us to do a professional job in a fast and efficient manner. This benefits both us and our clients. .
Question: Where is your law office located?
Answer: My law offices are located in St. Helena, California, USA, which is just North of San Francisco.
Question: Does it matter if you are in California and I am in some other state or country?
Answer: No, we service clients from many states and countries
Question: Who would be handling my case?
Answer: I will be personally handling your case. I do not use paralegals or document processors. I will be available for personal phone or email consultation with you about your case.
Question: How long have you been in practice?
Answer: I have been admitted to practice law in California and before the Federal Courts of the United States since 1972. If you would like to verify my California State Bar status please go to the California State Bar site by clicking here.
Question: How much time does it take to get my visa?
Answer: As a general estimate for a K-1 (fiance) visa it takes approximately 4-5 months and for a K-3 (marriage) visa it takes approximately 7-8 months. However, we are seeing many of our K-1 or K-3 cases go through much more quickly. It almost always takes less time than stated on the USCIS web site. We will be happy to discuss with you how this works in a conference call at your convenience.
Question: How much are the total fees, when are they paid and what do you do for that fee?
Answer: The fees paid to the USCIS for a K-1 visa are $455.00 and for a K-3 visa they are $355.00 These fees are paid to the US government at the time the first Petition is filed. Our fees are in addition to this and are as shown below.
We provide two levels of service, the Basic Service and the Platinum Service for K-1(fiance) and K-3 (spouse) visas:
- Basic Service: Prepare all forms required by the USCIS for the initial filing in the US to start the process. The fee for this service for both the K-1 or K-3 visa is $250.00
- Platinum Service: Prepare all forms which must be filed with the USCIS in the initial US filing to start the process. Assist in obtaining, and review, all of the supporting documentation which must accompany the initial USCIS filings. After your initial petition is approved your fiance or spouse will be sent two packages from the consulate near where he/she lives. These packages each request additional forms and documents. I will assist you and your fiance or spouse in preparing these forms and obtaining the documents requested by the consulate in both packages. I also provide your fiance or spouse support with his/her interview at the consulate. My fee for this service for both the K-1 and K-3 visa is $550.00
Each case is different and I would be happy to talk to you about yours. Our office is open 8am to 6pm, Monday through Friday. We are in the Pacific Time Zone in California. Please call on my "Direct to me" toll free number at 866-585-5843. You will not be placed on hold or interviewed by someone's paralegal; I will answer your call directly. If I am busy with another client I will return your call within 24 hours. I look forward to talking to you about your case.
Attorney at Law