A brief summary of Adjustment of Status fees, times, our firm and services

Thank you for contacting AmeriLawGroup and me about your Adjustment of Status (Greencard). As a service to my potential clients I have answered some of the questions stated below which you may still have about AmeriLawGroup, myself, the process and the costs of obtaining your Greencard. I hope the answers are helpful.

If you have any further questions I would be happy to answer them.


Calvin A. Knickerbocker Jr.
Attorney at Law
Phone: (707) 481-3204

Question: Many other law firms have much higher fees. How can you afford to do a professional job for such a low fee?

Answer: I work personally with each of my clients. Each client has a direct phone number and email address to contact me. I keep my overhead low and use the latest in technology to make the process very efficient. My 35 years of legal experience has taught me how to do a professional job in a fast and efficient manner. This benefits both myself and my clients and allows me to offer these services at a reasonable price.

Question: Where is your law office located?

Answer: My law offices are located in St. Helena, California, USA, which is just North of San Francisco, California.

Question: Does it matter if you are in California and I am in some other state or country?

Answer: No, I service clients from many states and countries by using the latest in electronic tools such as special immigration software, email, fax and telephone. This makes the process fast and efficient for me and my clients

Question: Who would be handling my case?

Answer: I will be personally handling your case. I do not use paralegals. I will be available for personal phone or email consultation with you about your case.

Question: How long have you been in practice?

Answer: I have been admitted to practice law in California and before the Federal Courts of the United States since 1972. If you would like to verify my California State Bar status please go to the California State Bar site for my listing here.

Question: How much time does it take to get my Adjustment of Status (Greencard)?

Answer: It normally take 1–2 weeks to process the required forms and supporting documents and to file the application. The actual issuance of the green card will take approximately 5-6 months. While this application is pending the applicant may remain in the US. I also include a filing for a temporary permit and travel permit in the flat fee stated below. It takes approximately 30 days to receive the work and travel permits. Upon receipt of the work and travel permits the applicant may work in the US or travel outside the US while the green card application is pending. The applicant may travel within the US before receiving the travel permit.

Question: How much are the total fees, when are they paid and what do you do for that fee?

Answer: The fees paid to the USCIS for an Adjustment of Status is $1070 if you have already filed the form I–130 (Application for permanent residence) and $1490 if you have not filed a form I–130 previously. These fees are paid to the US government at the time the first Petition is filed. Our fees are in addition to this and are as shown below. If you are here on a K–1 or K–3 visa your total fee to the USCIS will be $1070.

My flat fee for an Adjustment of Status (Greencard) application + the travel and work permit is $1500 (past and current clients are eligible for a discount; please call for details). The fee is the same whether you have filed the form I–130 previously or not. This includes preparation of all required forms and all supporting documents. You will also have access to my direct phone and email to discuss your case as needed and assure your case is filed promptly and correctly the first time.

You may obtain the details of this service on our website.

Each case is different and I would be happy to talk to you about yours. Our office is open 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. We are in the Pacific Time Zone in California. Please call on my “Direct to me” phone number at (707) 481-3204.

You will not be placed on hold or interviewed by someone’s paralegal; I will answer your call directly.

If I am busy with another client I will return your call within 24 hours. I look forward to talking to you about your case.

Thank You,

Cal Knickerbocker
Attorney at Law
Phone Direct: 707–585–5843